Holy moly–this is the best dessert!
I’m not a raving-fan of cooked fruit, so you won’t find me baking apple or pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving. I bring the peanut butter pie! And all the kids (and adults) love it! And if you take the easy way out like I do, there’s no baking involved. It’s perfect for a quick dessert to add to the table!
I’ve been bringing this dessert for the last few years. It’s easy, fast, and oh-so rich and delicious! It’s great for any occasion: Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthday cake alternative, just because.
And what’s not to love about chocolate and peanut butter?
I’m a fan of shortcuts–they make busy mom life just a tad easier sometimes. And if they don’t compromise flavor, I’m all about it. For this recipe, I purchase a pre-made graham cracker crust. You can make your own if you like. I use frozen whipped cream, instead of making my own as well. I’d agree that homemade is best, but I’m making this for the ease.
Perfect for Kid Cooks
This is an easy dessert for older kids to make themselves. Measuring, mixing, and adding to the pie crust are all simple tasks for kids and teens.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 pre-made graham cracker crust
- 1 8oz block cream cheese
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 bag miniature reeses peanut butter cups
- Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and whipped cream together until smooth. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Add mixture to graham cracker crust. Spread evenly.
- Add Reese's cups around the edge or crumble and sprinkle on top.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving.