Pizza night is a crowd-pleaser, and my family’s favorite meal!
Make-your-own meals are a great way to eat a variety of foods, allows each family member to make their own choices, and usually makes for a pleasant and fun family meal.
Naan pizza happens to be the easiest pizza to make EVER! You could also use tortillas or English muffins. Whatever is available to you!
Quick Weeknight Pizza Recipe
- 2 medium pre-made naan bread
- 1 cup tomato sauce (no salt added)
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- toppings of choice
- Place naan bread on a large baking sheet. Mix italian seasoning and tomato sauce. Spread over naan. Layer toppings and cheese. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 400F.
Nutritious Pizza Toppings
Consider adding pizza toppings that provide more fiber, healthy fat, or lean protein. Olives, bell peppers, basil, spinach, pineapple, Canadian bacon, and mushrooms are all great toppings.
The pizza itself could be a full, nutritious meal. However, you can add more variety by adding a green salad, steamed veggies, raw veggies, or fruit salad on the side.
Don’t forget family pizza night fun!
Follow-up the pizza meal with a fun outdoor game or snuggle in for movie-time! Pizza night always brings smiles and memories. Enjoy!
- The Best Tips for PCOS Meal Planning and Prep
- Could insulin resistance be your PCOS root cause?
- Six Ways to Reduce Hormone Disruptors for PCOS
- 5 Simple Nutrition & Lifestyle Tips for PCOS
- Why Am I Gaining Weight With PCOS?